AVAILABLE IN GREEN OR CAMOFLAUGE $1999
Includes The Following: ( Does not include trailer )
- Annex walls, with extra large M3 midge mesh screens and 13oz ripstop canvas roll down window covers, these walls come in 3 sections use all, or just 1 for a wind break to suit your need.
- Zipped internal window covers in addition to external zipped window covers.
- 17′ x 15′ total covered area.
- Upgraded annex poles as well as tent poles to 25mm heavy duty galvanized.
- Spreader bars for roof (x6) for additional strengthening and supporting of tent roof particularly in a storm.
- The trailer tailgate canvas cover has an oblong shaped removable Velcro panel in the centre to allow you to roll it up and open the rear tailgate door without having to remove the complete panel, so you can leave the annex floor attached to the panel.
- Canvas zipped bags for all poles, pegs, guy ropes, and ladders.
- Zip off annex roof for quick stopovers.
- Additional 6 poles guy ropes and pegs to turn external window covers into awnings.
- Large gas strut assisted hatch under mattress for easy access to the trailer.
NEW ADVENTURER 12′ MODEL now Includes a rear door. The doors are also a new shape (see photo’s and explanation further down page). The canvas also has an additional wax coating on the underside of the canvas. This gives the canvas the strength of 17oz canvas without the weight, and makes it extremely waterproof. We decided to add this coating as many Adventurer tents are used every day of the year by safari type companies and as permanent accommodation, and often in the north of Australia during the wet season. This additional coating in combination with one of our storm covers makes the Adventurer tent possibly the most tear resistant and waterproof tent on the market today.
many other upgrades included in the price………
Austrack Updates List & Free Camper Trailer Buyer’s Guide
Join our email list to get product news, specials, discounts, tradeshow appearance dates and more:
Our current model camper trailer tent, the “ADVENTURER” has been rigorously tested in the various conditions found throughout Australia. From the dry arid desert of Central Australia, to the humid wet tropical climate of Northern Queensland.
The “ADVENTURER” is even used by Geoff Corry (One of Australia’s most notable Fishing guides) and his team at Barra Base (www.barrabase.com) in the Northern Territory, click here to read more about Geoff and others who rely on Austrack Campers…
To withstand such harsh conditions, it is vital that the material be extremely water resistant, can be fully enclosed to repel dust, and most importantly be manufactured with additional reinforcing on all stress joints including double stitching throughout. This new 13oz Rip Stop Canvas Camper Tent is also far superior to conventional canvas tents. (see explanation below). At a size of 17′ x 15′ total covered area, there’s plenty of room for the whole family. It weighs in at 145Kgs and is light enough to be towed on a 7ft x 4ft trailer behind a small to average sized family car, and for those intending to go off-road there is a unique cover provided to totally seal off the tent from exposure to dust and rain, particularly when driving.
The ‘ADVENTURER’ can also be set up by 2 people in 5 minutes (tent only if zipping off annex roof) or 15 minutes the complete tent, and comes with ‘Easy to follow’ laminated instructions. This new ‘ADVENTURER’ model incorporates many additional features as standard equipment and not as extras, which enables us to offer you a top quality, fully optioned, complete package at a very competitive price.
WHAT IS AUTHENTIC ‘RIP STOP CANVAS’
The canvas incorporates interwoven “rip stop” reinforcement threads in a “crosshatch pattern”, so the material resists ripping or tearing. Other rip stop products such as a nylon rip stop are used in the manufacture of hot air balloons, yacht sails and spinnakers, parachutes, and even Nomex protective clothing for riot police. Authentic rip stop canvas was traditionally always too expensive to incorporate into camper trailer tents and was primarily used in military tents throughout the world. Advances in technology and increased manufacture abilities, has now led to a more competitively priced product.
There are many different designs and qualities of Camper Trailer Tents on the market today, and often the price dictates the quality, similar to any product. However, there are certain specifications whilst little extra cost at manufacturing level can make the difference between a trouble free and comfortable camping experience, for many years to come, and a short lived camping nightmare.
Throughout the years in this industry as specialists in Camper Trailers and camper Tents, we have listened to what our customers have to say, their ideas, comments and suggestions. We welcomed feedback.
As our tents are used on a daily basis by Camping Companies, Tour Companies, and Safari based adventure Companies from Cape York to the Tiwi Islands, by families in the school holidays, and retirees on extended holidays, a culmination of all this feedback led to the final design of our new “ADVENTURER” Tent.
Below are photos of new shaped door on our showroom camper, and customer’s camper.
The doors (front, rear, and annex wall door) are also ‘U’ shaped instead of the usual ‘D’ shaped doors. There is a canvas ‘U’ shaped door and a micro mesh ‘U’ shaped door at each entrance, both with double zips. The benefits are as follows.
- The doors are easy to roll from the bottom to the top and vice versa rather than from right to left, where it can take two people to roll across due to the size of the door.
- All of the 3 doors are ‘U’ shaped and have a sewn in valance above them to deflect the rain, and stop the doors getting wet.
- The doors are much larger allowing easier access (no tripping over the door edges) and allows much more airflow.
- The doors all have a canvas strip which covers and protects the zip, stopping rain getting into the tent. With the original ‘D’ shaped doors as seen on 99% of tents, the zip is exposed to the elements, and if it rains heavily it can leak into the tent particularly through the rear door and annex door.
All PVC is now dark grey in colour instead of beige as this does not show dirt or marks easily.
Additional Benefits and Inclusions
- A 15cm zip is sewn into the bottom right hand corner of the main tent for leads etc.
- Sewn in storage pockets throughout.
- A detachable canvas flap is provided for covering the trailer tailgate.
- Steel rings sewn in for pegging down of tent.Double ‘D’ rings to all corners for added strength.
- The tent stands alone, however the pegs and guy ropes in their own canvas bag supplied for adverse conditions.
- Spare parts/repair kit provided.
- Can be set up by two people in around 15 minutes.
- Fits trailers 1000mm-1080mm from ground to top of trailer, with an optimum height of 1050mm.
- Total weight 145kgs.Including weight of the annex walls. Additional poles supplied for window awnings etc.
- Patching compound for filling small holes (green and beige colour) provided.
- We can also supply full fitting kits including gas struts, over center latches, brackets etc.
- Powder Coated steel frame under bed board (will not rust).
Current Colour Combinations
Mid grey travel cover and flooring.
Storm Cover/Roof Protector
Custom Storm Cover / roof protector covers the complete roof area of both the tent and annex roof, and comes complete with 12 steel buckles (‘D’rings) sewn in for guy roping down. It is made from oxford polyester 210D which is top quality, and is used in the manufacture of roof top tents.
The cover enables you to camp under trees without worrying about sap or bird droppings etc, which ultimately may ruin the canvas. the cover can cool down the tent by up to 5 degrees, and will also allow you to be out in a storm. It will also reduce condensation. An inexpensive means of protecting your investment. This cover will also fit most similar sized tents on the market, or can be adapted to fit any tents (size 5.5m x 5.00m). Retails $169 or $99 with any purchase of an Austrack tent. This cover is also available at $99 to all current Austrack Camper owners.
Second Annex roof and poles available Only $395 Complete
This addition includes a canvas roof that is the same physical size and material 13 oz rip stop cotton canvas as the existing roof with 16 x 25mm galvanised poles (same as original tent annex with spreader bars included), 8 x guy ropes and pegs. Everything is supplied in their own zipped canvas bags. The second annex roof can be used for additional shade. Because our annex walls are in three sections there are many interesting set up combinations.
Full manufacturers 12 month warranty.
Frame And Board Size
Suits trailer sizes 7 x 4, 6 x 4, 7 x 5. The required height from the ground to the top of the trailer needs to be 1000mm-1080mm with optimum height of 1050mm. Please call us for advice for fitting to trailers with a greater height.
Outer Cardboard Box strapping in place.
2.35m X 1.8m X 0.23m
145Kg including the annex walls. Additional poles supplied (for turning external window covers into awnings) etc.
We can also supply all your requirements if building your own camper. We stock 4 types of wind down legs, gas cylinder and jerry can holders, strut kits, 7 types of jockey wheels, 5 types of Off Road hitches etc etc. Please contact us with your requirements.
Sample Freight Costs
- Adelaide $172
- Brisbane $88
- Cairns $196
- Darwin $255
- Gold Coast $119
- Hobart $359
- Mackay $169
- Melbourne $157
- Newcastle $141
- Perth $250
- Sydney $141
- Toowoomba $119
- Townsville $177